Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dilemmas solved before the race.

  So tomorrow July 4th is the day.  This is what it all boils down to.  All the training.  Moving and shifting the schedule around so I could stay on the most important schedule.  All the sweat, pain, worry.  All the PR's triumphs and realizations comes down to tomorrow.

  I was slightly worried that I would taper off after the race and eventually stop running, but with so many inspiring runners out there who run race after race, and with how much I truly love the sport, I don't see myself quitting.

  I cannot wait to be able to come back and tell you all about how the race went, but first I want to tell you about some things I am excited about.

  My music dilemma was unfortunately not all the way solved with hanging my phone around my neck.  On the two mile test run I ended up having to stuff my phone into the center of my cleavage.  It was fine for 18 minutes, but 2+ hours may be a different story.

  I sat on my couch yesterday and sewed a pouch to the front strap of my hydration pack, when I put it on an jogged around my kitchen I could tell it wasn't going to work (too much chafing).  I cut that off and decided I was going to have to go between wearing it in my bra, and shoving it in my pack.

  Last night I was re-familiarizing myself with my over the ear headphones (which appear to be working!!!) and one of the buttons is voice control, I do not have Siri.  I found that with this VC button I can toggle between playlists!  This was what my dilemma was!  So now if while huffing and puffing I can use the VC clearly enough, I should be able to make it work.

  My next small handicap is my monthly cycle.  Yesterday I seen an ad for something called Soft cup.
Here is a picture...


I am the person who can't stand tampons, and doesn't like the mess of pads, but deals better with that then having something I can feel, and that little string is my nemesis.  This product claims to be "something for the rest of us".  I am here to tell you that YES it IS.  I looked at it's reviews, and watched the how to videos.  The best video is the clinical animated one by the company itself, because It shows how you get it to a certain point then push up on the rim and it slides into place.

Here is a link to the video   http://www.softcup.com/video-tutorials


  I had a bunch of TMI stuff written, but decided instead that I just want to say that I am so extremely happy and impressed with this product.  This product has a learning curve, just like when you learned how to deal with tampons or pads, but oh is it worth it!!!!!!  And the better you know your body, the easier it will be to use.  If you decide to try it and have any questions you can FB or email me, or just watch the tutorial, but make sure you educate yourself so that you can have success with this freeing product! There are so many perks to using this that I can't list them all, but my favorite would have to be night time :)

  So there are two dilemmas solved!  Woohoo!  

My email is mysinsareforgiven@facebook.com


No comments:

Post a Comment